Our Trauma Management Therapy (TMT) online training program for behavioral health clinicians that teaches the theoretical rationale behind and specific treatment components of TMT, an evidence-based treatment for PTSD that serves as the cornerstone of UCF RESTORES’ successful treatment approach.
The TMT online training program allows practitioners to learn this evidence-based treatment method to enhance the success of their practice and recovery of their patients.
Through the utilization of interactive tasks and video modeling, the program provides professionals with an understanding of how PTSD is acquired and the mechanics of developing and implementing effective exposure therapy. Because of the multidimensional nature of PTSD, professionals will also learn how to implement treatment components designed to treat sleep problems, anger, guilt and moral injury, depression and social isolation.
This course is designed to be completed at an individual’s own pace.
Clinicians can earn seven hours of continuing education (CE) credit by completing the online course and then completing a one-hour live training with a UCF RESTORES staff member
Upon completing the course, you will be able to:
- Describe how classical and operant conditioning explains the development and maintenance of PTSD
- Explain the rationale for both imaginal and in–vivo exposure therapy for PTSD
- Identify the steps for conducting imaginal and in–vivo exposure therapy for PTSD
- Explain the rationale for skills training related to behavioral activation, sleep hygiene, anger management and social reintegration
- Learn to implement each key component of each skills training module
The cost of the six–hour training program is $150. CEs are available for an additional fee of $150. For behavioral health professionals interested in participating, click here to learn more.
“The UCF Psychology Clinic Advanced Clinical Training Services is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The UCF Psychology Clinic Advanced Clinical Training Services maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”